Monday, September 24, 2012

Laundry Folks


September 24th 7:50 PM

Waiting for my laundry to dry. Had a great big dinner at a Chinese restaurant and then just felt like getting a hotel and relaxing. Made the wifi and the shower issue easier. The laundry place is just 1/ mile down the street too. So yeah. Also, there's a pool I intend to take a dip in when I get back tot he hotel. :-)

This guy here, Chris, is a bullshitter. I think he was inspired by my bicycle so he started talking up his Magna FULL SUSPENSION mountain bike. I was pretty sure it was the Wallmart brand, but here he goes talking about how he spent $1,500 on it and it was stolen but he just got lucky and the cops found it. Just to confirm, I did a search to find that it is in fact a walmart brand and it sold for around $200.

I eventually said that I hadn't ever seen them sold outside of Walmart(he said he bought it in Redding at Village Cycle) and Walmart only charges 200-300 dollars. “Oh yeah, a friend of mine said maybe I got ripped off, but what could I do? I couldn't take it back...”

He was talking about football so I asked him if he was a fan. “Oh yeah, it's how I make most of my money.”

“Oh, is that how you paid for the bike?” I asked.

“Yeah, well, that and SSI.”

Hrm, my laundry is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment