Sunday, September 2, 2012

Final Prep and Practice Ride

<p>Yesterday kicked off with a visit to the bike shop to try and sort out my tire rubbing on fender issue. Eventualy, with Erics suggestion, I played the "fuck it" card and we went for a ride with all my gear packed and loaded. </p>
<p>Holy crap that bike is heavy with all that stuff on it. The weight maked the whole bike frame wobble from side to side whenever I'm not smooth on the handlebars. Too much weight. How in the world will I do this??</p>
<p>As we began to get down the road, I began to get more comfortable with the load. Also, the rubbing sound began to quiet. My thinking then was that the rubbing was the extra rubber bits that stick ou from new tires. With more miles, the sound grew eve quieter and I became even more at ease with the load. </p>
<p>My fear faded and my excitemet grew. I'M DOING THIS!</p>
<p>We rode t Golden gardens, the ferry, over to the Udist for some bibimbop(sp?) at he Korean Tofu House. Then, back to golden gardens to tossthe disc around for a while. Finaly, we returned to ballard, had a couple beers and called it a day. Ready to go.</p>
<p>Presently, I'm riding the ferry ovr to bremerton. From there I have a 2-3 hour ride to the campground which should leave me plenty of daylight for my first night setting up camp. </p>

Big thanks again to Eric for cleaning up my disaster of a moveout and helping me prep for the ride. I love you all and you will all be in my thoughts as I take my journey. See you on the other side!


No comments:

Post a Comment