Saturday, September 1, 2012

False Start

Yes, my plan was to be at Twanoh state park right now enjoying the labor day weekend campers and their labor day weekend families. However, I'm still in Seattle.

I did a super poor job of planning my move out and left WAY too many things until the last minute. At one point I was sure that I wouldn't have any of my stuffe moved out by the time I was suposed to be out of the house.

Fortunately, my friend Eric came to my aid and saved the day. Despite being screwed out of my Uhaul reservations(i might tell that story in another post, but for now, FUCK UHAUL) we managed to get mostly all of my  stuff into storage, over to Goodwill or to the dump.  have a couple more things I had planned to grab today out of the garage with the free van provided by the storage company. But of course, that also didn't work out as they require me to have comprehensive auto insurance and I only carry liability.

As of this moment, I'm tentatively planing to leave tomorrow. I still need to get a couple things out of the garage and I also need to solve my tire issue as I discovered that the tires I bought for the trip don't quite fit in my fenders.

Figuring out how to live out of 4 bags on  my bike is probably a lot easier when I'm actually crashing on a friends couch. So, being here to wrap up some things just ain't that bad. Oh, and the weather today in Seattle was so great. :-)

To sum up: Moving sucks, moving into a storage unit sucks WAY more, FUCK UHAUL and lastly, I still <3 Seattle (at least in the summer) ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment