Thursday, September 13, 2012

Clothes and Tubes


I'm here in Newport at the Newport cafe. It's just a block from the laundromat my clothes are washing at and another block from the bike shop I got a tube from. By the time I get all this squared away and back to my campsite, I'm going to be getting a pretty darn late start.

My spirits have remained pretty high. I've been annoyed a bit here and there about inconsequential things. Fortunately I've realize it and found one way or another to chill out.

I was originally thinking I would be close to the Mendocino pass by now. However, I left two days late, took a rest day and I've only been covering 40-50 miles a day instead of my original target 60-70. I think I will be able to get up to the higher miles though once my butt gets in better shape for the saddle. Right now, 6 hours in the saddle is pushing it.

Yet again, I don't have any wifi here. So, I figure I'll type this and worry about how I get it posted later. As problems go, I suppose problems finding wifi to keep my blog updated is a pretty minor problem. I'm still posting at least once a day to facebook. I really should be posting once a day too the blog too, even if it's from my phone and really short. Perhaps I could make it a priority to find somewhere to upload and post a bigger entry at east once a week. Perhaps...

This laundromat has nether wifi,nor outlets to plug in for charging and power. Pretty bummed about that.

Yesterday I met Jihun( I think thats his name) from South Korea. He's lived in LA. For about a year and is now cycling from Seattle back to LA. We had dinner together at a seafood place he received a recommendation for. It was pretty good, nothing spectacular. Jihun is covering 80 miles a day; I
d like to get to that point...

So far,I've been thinking mostly about how I'm gonna make this trip work. Day to day stuff like how to organize my things for more efficient setting and breaking camp. Longer term stuff like how long it will take to get to Chico, Modesto, San Diego, New Orleans. And possible deal breaker stuff like my stupid skin, my probably less than adequate funds, and my old knees. Not a lot of reflection on who I am and where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment